Table of Contents
Repair and Calibration Oil Discharge Monitoring and Control System
- Name Device : Oil Discharge Monitoring and Control System (ODMCS) MEPC 108(49)
- Computer Unit : Cleantoil 2005
- Pump Analize Unit
- Measuring Range : 0 – 1000 PPM
- Terminal Box : ATEX Cert, No. Sira 05ATEX2171
- Measuring Unit : ATEX Cert, No. Sira 05ATEX2175
- Flowmeter : 0 to 15ppm (the factory is set to 15ppm).
- Communication :
- 4-20 mA analog signal Flowmeter
- 4-20 mA analog signal Analysing Unit PressureTransmitter
- Voltage free pulse signal Ships Log
- GPS Input, NMEA 0183 protocol or RS232
- Fresh Water Supply ERROR
- Sample Pump ERROR
- Air Supply ERROR
- Wiper ERROR
- 100 PPM Test ERROR
SOLUTION AND ACTION TAKEN
Fresh water Supply ERROR
Basic: ERROR status because it does not get a pressure reading from the Pressure Transmitter. This pressure is generated by the Unit Sample Pump
- Ensure fresh water pressure is available for the pump analyzing unit.
- Water pressure is available for the Pump Analyzing Unit
- Troubleshooting the “Sample Pump ERROR” first
Sample Pump ERROR
Basic: ERROR status because it does not get a pressure reading from the Pressure Transmitter. This pressure is output by Unit Sample Pump
- Ensure that the Pressure Transmitter reads the pressure out by Sample Pump Unit
- The result of checking the Pressure Transmitter: Damaged, does not produce a signal of 4 – 20 mA.
- Pressure Transmitter unit replacement
- Notes for changing the pressure transmitter
- Old unit type : EEx ia IIC T6 DMT 02 ATEX E 114X
- New unit type : Cerabar PMP21 Absolute
Air Supply ERROR
- Ensure that the Limit Switch Box unit on the Over Boat Valve (OBV) is working properly.
- To ensure that the Pressure Transmitter Air Supply works, a bypass is carried out on the Limit Switch Box unit at the OBV.
- Just as the reading ‘air supply’ ensures the air pressure is ready.
100 PPM Test ERROR
- First solve the problems above (Fresh Water Supply ERROR, Sample Pump ERROR, Air Supply ERROR, Wiper ERROR
RESULT AND CONCLUSION
The system is running normally, all ERROR status has disappeared.
In selftest mode, the process goes as follows:
- 3-way valve opens to the fresh water / flushing position èSample Pump unit rotates to suck the output from the 3-way valve. In this case Fresh Water è Sample pump unit output puts pressure on the Pressure Transmitter è Pressure value output by the Pressure Transmitter is sent to the Computer Unit to state that:
- Sample Pump is ready
- Fresh water ready
- Air Pressure ready
- The wiper is ready
- 100 PPM Test ready.
Solenoid Panel Unit